Discuss five Roles of the National Treasury in relation to procurement and asset disposal as outlined in the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act
- To formulate, evaluate, promote and research on national and county public procurement and asset disposal policy and standards.
- To develop policy guidelines for efficient procurement management and disposal system for national executive.
- To design and prescribe an efficient procurement management system for the national and county governments to ensure transparent procurement and asset disposal.
- To provide technical assistance on procurement and assist in the implementation and operation of the public procurement and asset disposal system.
- To manage and administer the scheme of service of the procurement and supply chain management services cadre for the national government.
- To issue guidelines to public entities with respect to procurement matters.
- To develop and review policy on procurement of common user items in the public sector both at national and county government levels.
- To conduct research, develop and promote electronic procurement strategies and policies in both the national and county governments including state corporations and other government agencies.